Experience the spectacular scenery of the desert by going off-road. While some of the areas are restricted, that shouldn’t stop you from enjoying it! If you’d rather have something more exciting, try dune bashing!
There are a variety of museums that people can visit; ranging from the history of the area, old and famous neon signs, to the nuclear tests they do around the area.
- Boulder City Museum & Historical Association
- Hoover Dam, Bureau of Reclamation
- Clark County Museum
- Atomic Testing Museum
- Howard W. Cannon Aviation Museum
- Las Vegas International Scouting Museum
- Las Vegas Natural History Museum
- Las Vegas Springs Preserve
- Lied Discovery Children’s Museum
- The Neon Museum
- Nevada State Museum & Historical Society
- Old Las Vegas Mormon Fort State Historic Park
- Red Rock Canyon Interpretive Association
- Virgin Valley Heritage Museum
- Lost City Museum
- Pahrump Valley Museum
Parks and Reserves
Camping under the desert night sky is one of the most amazing things you’ll ever experience in your life. If you enjoy a good hike, Red Rock offers a breathtaking view of the surroundings.
- Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area
- Desert National Wildlife Refuge
And you thought a desert should be dry, not necessarily so! If you just love water sports or taking a nice boat ride, there are some nearby lakes that might be perfect for you.
- Lake Mead
- Lake Mohave
- Lake Havasu